Best Aloe Vera For Sunburn 2018: The Best Way To Treat Painful Burn
If there’s one remedy and product that is highly efficient in healing cuts, burns and most importantly, sunburns, it is definitely aloe vera. This powerful plant is an exceptionally potent product for anyone who is looking for something that could treat their sunburn as quick and as efficient as they can.
So if you are looking for the best aloe vera for sunburn, then look no further. Keep reading below for the list of products that have already been proved and tested through time!
How To Choose The Best Aloe Vera For Your Sunburnt Skin
Look For A Product That Uses Natural And Organic Ingredients
The keywords “natural” and “organic” should be the first thing you should look for when shopping for aloe vera products. It would be best if you will find one that is 100% natural and a product that as close as possible to 100% organic.
Also, make sure that aloe vera is its main ingredient. If you see that other ingredients were listed first, such as water, then this means there are fillers on your product.
It Should Be Free From Any Harmful Ingredients Or Unnecessary Content
You also need to take a closer look at its list of ingredients and be able to identify which one is not good. The most common ingredients that you need to avoid as much as possible are Lidocaine, Benzocaine, Petroleum, and Alcohol.
Lotion, Spray Or Gel, Which One Should You Choose?
This one largely depends on your personal preference. What type of application do you like? But to make things easier for you here's a breakdown you can check out.
My Top Choice For Aloe Vera That Will Help You Deal With Sunburn
A lot of customers have been raving about the positive effects of 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel by Seven Minerals. This aloe product is created with all-natural ingredients but what made it really popular is its capability to quickly soothe sunburns, thanks to its strong, pure aloe. It used 99.75% Certified Organic cold-pressed aloe vera that has been even harvested from the USA.
Anyway, this aloe formula is also available in a spray bottle, you can just choose which application is much more convenient for you; though the gel formula is much more popular among the two since it has a thin consistency which can be absorbed by the skin quickly. It is easy to apply too and does not only efficiently treat burns but can also be used for skin, hair and face care as well.
Take note that this aloe vera gel does not use xanthan as its thickening properties which leave a sticky residue on your skin. Seven Minerals only uses seaweed extract as its natural thickener so there will be no traces of stickiness.
The spray formula, on the other hand, works well too. It is just as quick-absorbing as the gel formula and is easy to apply too. But its main advantage is that it allows you to relieve the otherwise difficult-to-reach parts of your body.
I was also impressed that when you purchase this product, you will also receive an e-book with 47 pages that feature DIY recipes as well as beauty tips on how you can maximize the use of this product.
Just a little reminder, if you have a very sensitive type of skin, I suggest that you apply this aloe vera product to less sensitive parts of your body first before you start applying it anywhere sensitive like your face. Take note that Seven Minerals used pure aloe vera for this one, which might be strong and can likely cause irritation.
When it comes to aloe vera products, Amara Organics is definitely a brand that you can trust. Their aloe vera gel has been one of the best-selling products in the markets since it is 100% natural and of course, it is 99.75% cold-pressed organic aloe. But what’s even great is the guarantee they offer to their customers, if you don’t get satisfied with the results, you will receive your money back, without any questions from them.
I love that this product is free from any chemicals, it does not have alcohol content and there’s no added fragrances or colors. It also does not leave any annoying sticky residue. You can also use this for a range of different functions; in addition to treating burns, you can use this to treat wrinkling, scars, acne as well as a relief after a radiation therapy. You can even use this to treat itchy patches or any bald sports of your pets.
However, there are some users who complain about their reactions to citric acid as well as the aloe’s strength; so if you are someone with sensitive skin, I recommend that you will be careful with this one.
Here’s another great product for your sunburn. Just like other products on this list, it is also 100% natural and is free from any chemical preservatives as well as parabens, sulfates, phthalates, fragrances and artificial colors. Moreover, this product is also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and cruelty-free. It has always been the priority of Beauty by Earth to use sustainable resources.
It has 98% pure aloe vera content, the remaining 2% is composed of remarkable ingredients that help promote healthy and glowing skin like sodium citrate, radish root ferment, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
Users of this product can’t stop talking about the remarkable consistency of this product. Its moisturizing properties are just impressive plus you will only need a little of it to cover a wide area of your body.
However, there are some buyers who complain about the products fishy smell which they find to be unpleasant. Most of these buyers also comment on how their skin feels a little sticky after applying the product.
Here’s another popular option for beachgoers. This Organic Aloe Vera Gel by NaturSense comes in a fluid and silky texture which is free from any chemical thickeners. This is very easy to apply, can quickly be absorbed by the skin and is very soothing and cool.
Users of this product are raving on how this made their skin soft and how it gives them healthy glow but most of all, they commend on efficient this product is in treating sunburns as well as acne and several other skin conditions. However, some users complain about the consistency of the product since it too watery that it is can be difficult to use; though I noticed that it does not leave any sticky residue.
NaturSense uses 99.75% organic aloe while the remaining 0.25% is composed of ingredients that can preserve and keep the product’s freshness; this is the reason why this product can last up to two years even if you don’t refrigerate it. Moreover, this product is also free from any harmful chemicals like parabens, aloins, artificial colors and fragrances. It is also cruelty-free and gluten-free.
Unlike the products mentioned above, this after sun soother from Burt's Bees comes in a lotion formula and it has the best aloe vera lotion in the market that helps soothe sunburn well. I was very impressed to find this product. It is very difficult to find an aloe lotion since we all know that aloe has a naturally jelly substance.
Anyway, this product has 99.6% natural aloe content as well as coconut oil that helps in keeping your skin hydrated and maintain the natural moisture of the skin. But despite its powerful hydrating properties, it is not greasy at all, you can safely use it on your face and body without looking like a walking grease ball. Most of the ingredients used for this product are naturally sourced; it has the most natural ingredients when compared to other similar products.
When you use this product, you will immediately notice the softness of your skin, especially to the chemically burned and sunburnt parts of the skin. I also noticed that it works efficiently to prevent the burnt skin from peeling. However, when I took a closer look at the long list of its ingredients and these are not the main aloe like water which is a filler. Burt's Bees has also added fragrance into the formula which may bother other users that are sensitive to smell.
I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for aloe vera to treat their sunburn with lotion formula, but I suggest considering gel or spray ones since they use much purer aloe.
I hope this article will help you find the best aloe vera that will treat your sunburn. I also suggest that you invest in a good sunscreen before hitting the beach and generously apply it to your skin before sun exposure to minimize the harmful effects of the sun on your skin.
But worse comes to worst and the sun has been successful enough to burn your skin, you can fully trust this five products I mentioned above. They are good and an excellent alternative to natural aloe vera that can soothe that painful sunburn. Just a little tip: place the gel in the fridge for a few minutes before you slather it on your sunburnt skin, this will provide instant soothing.
How about you? Have you used any of these products? Or do you have any other aloe vera product that works perfectly for sunburns that I failed to mention in this list? Please don't hesitate to share it in the comment section below.